Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen is important for body texture and strength.
Endogenous collagen – It is natural collagen, which is formed in the body on its own. Endogenous collagen has many important functions. It is related to many health problems.
Exogenous collagen – It is a collagen composed of external factors. It is taken from external sources and complementary medicines. It is used for medical and cosmetic (cosmetics) purposes. Exogenous collagen is also used to keep tissues healthy.
What Is Collagen
- Collagen is a solid, insoluble (non-soluble) and fibrous protein. It is one-third of the protein in the body.
- Most collagen molecules combine with each other to form long and thin fibers, called “fibril”. These fibrils are tied together so that they reinforce each other. And these give strength and elasticity to the skin.
- Although there are about 16 different types of collagen, but 80 to 90 percent of the collagen in the body is only three types of collagen. These three types of collagen are named Collagen Type 1, Collagen Type 2, and Collagen Type 3. These different types of collagen have different textures and functions.
Functions Of Collagen
|Collagen is released from many cells, but it is primarily released from connective tissue.|
|It works by removing the dead cells of the skin and creating new cells.|
|In addition, some collagen acts as a protective shield to protect other fragile organs such as the kidney.|
Benefits Of Collagen
|It is beneficial for skin|
|It is beneficial for hair|
|It is beneficial for joints|
|It is beneficial for muscles|
|It is beneficial for digestive system|
Sources Of Collagen
(1) Sour Fruits – Vitamin C provides many benefits to your body, as well as it plays an important role in increasing collagen. It helps to reduce free radicals. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that increases synthesis of collagen. You should also include vitamin C rich fruits in your diet and eat lemon, orange and citrus fruits daily.
(2) Fish – Fish contains a lot of omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary for the communication of your cells. Healthy cells are very important for the texture of your skin.
(3) Green vegetables – Vegetables such as broccoli and spinach effectively increase collagen levels. It also helps to prevent collagen damage due to smoke, dust, cigarette smoke and excessive sun exposure.
(4) Red colored vegetables – Research has shown that some red colored vegetables contain an antioxidant called lycopene, which helps to increase collagen. You can get this antioxidant from beets, peppers and tomatoes. Lycopene not only works to increase collagen, but also protects the skin from sun rays.
(5) Orange colored vegetables – You can fulfill the requirement of collagen by orange vegetables like sweet potato and carrot. Such vegetables contain Vitamin A, which plays a major role in building cells and keeping skin healthy. Orange fruits such as mangoes and apricots are also the main sources of beta-carotene, which is released into the body and converted into vitamin A.
(6) Berries – Berries (small sized juicy fruits) are skin healthy fruits. Black mulberry, cherries, berries etc. are helpful in the formation of collagen in the body. They are rich in essential antioxidants for the skin.
(7) Garlic and Olive – Sulfur has been used for centuries for skin diseases and dandruff. In addition to garlic, green and black olives are also present in high amount of sulfur, which is considered important in adding and increasing the collagen in the skin.
(8) Eggs – Healthy protein is necessary for the body and egg is considered its main source. The egg supplies the amino acids called lysine and proline required in collagen production.
(9) Pineapple – Pineapple and its juice helps in synthesizing collagen in the body. Eating this makes the skin shiny.
Must Read Disclaimer: GrabNaukri.com is only for the Educational Purpose & Govt. Job links provider. We are not owner of any Book, Notes, Magazine, PDF Materials, eBooks Available on it, neither it been Created nor Scanned. We are only provide the link and Material already Available on the Internet. If any violates the Law or there is a Problem so Please Just CONTACT US.