Best books for SSC CGL Preparation: SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam is one of the most sought after exam for aspirants dreaming to get into various departments under the Government of India. Thus, SSC Exams are a great opportunity for all such candidates to get into the Government of India Offices. You need the right study material and proper study plan to clear the exam.
SSC CGL Books are an important resource while preparing for the SSC Exams. As a part of the Combined Graduate Level Exam Preparation, you might several books as references. Keeping this in mind, we have mentioned the List of Best Books for SSC CGL of different subjects.
There are many options to choose from when selecting a book to prepare well. We have filtered the list and come up with the most relevant & informative SSC CGL books for the convenience for the candidate.
- Books are very important for any exam preparation. In SSC CGL, candidates must refer to the right book which covers each concept explained in depth.
- Candidates appearing for SSC CGL Exam can go through the SSC CGL Study Materials that will help in topic-wise preparation.
- For each subject, there are many books available but only few are recommended by the experts and toppers. Get the complete insight about top SSC CGL Books in this post.
- There are four stages involved in the SSC CGL Recruitment 2020. Out of which first two stages are Computer Based Online Test, the third stage is descriptive and the last stage is DV or Interview.
SSC CGL Booklist:- Download PDF Here
Books for SSC CGL will help you focus on the relevant topics leading you to ultimately score well. Candidates must leave no stone unturned during SSC CGL Preparation and have a glance at the recommended books for SSC CGL.
Overview of SSC CGL
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Selection Stages||Tier I, II, III & IV|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Exam Languages||English & Hindi|
The strategy for SSC CGL Preparation is given in brief below:
- Having a clear concept on the various topics in the SSC CGL
- Check the SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria.
- Understanding the SSC CGL Exam Pattern properly.
- Go through the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus.
- Referring to important SSC CGL Study materials related to the topics in the exam.
- Focusing on the SSC CGL preparation Strategies.
The Benefits of Practice with SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers PDF
1.Student will get the idea of types and level of questions asked in SSC CGL exams.
2.Number of questions asked from each topic of Quantitative aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, English and General Knowledge and awareness sections.
3.they will get the Idea of time management in the exam centre to attempt questions.
To prepare for the examination effectively and efficiently you required to study from appropriate books.
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL), one of the recruitment examinations under SSC, is the most popular one conducted for recruiting candidates to Group B and Group C posts in various ministries and departments.
Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude SSC CGL
Quantitative Aptitude: This section is designed to test the number sense and calculation skills of the candidates. The important topics in this section are whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities, geometrical problems, etc.
Given below are the best books for Quantitative Aptitude. Preparing from these books will ultimately help you score well in the exams.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic– Arihant Publications
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 10
- Mathematics Class 11th and 12th by R.D. Sharma
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
Maths Book PDF for SSC
- Rakesh Yadav Class Notes Math in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Paramount Maths Volume – 1 in Hindi PDF
- Paramount Maths Volume – 2 in Hindi PDF
- Mathematics Notes PDF in Hindi
- Math in Hindi E-book By Study IQ
- Mathematics Chapter wise in Hindi PDF
- RRB Previous Year Maths Question Solved Paper in Hindi PDF
- Mathematics Books PDF Free Download in Hindi
- Maths Tricks Handwritten Notes in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Maths PDF in Hindi Notes
- Tricky Mathematics PDF in Hindi
- UPTET and CTET Paper 1 Mathematics Previous Year Solved Paper in Hindi
- UPTET and CTET Paper 2 Mathematics and Science Previous Year Solved Paper in Hindi
- Maths Geometry Handwritten Notes in Hindi
- PEB Maths Question Paper 2016-17
- Trigonometry in Hindi by A SIHAG SIR Math
- Time and Distance Short Tricks in Hindi
- Percentage Maths Tricks Notes in Hindi
- Maths Notes Ratio and Proportion in Hindi
- Maths Notes Profit and Loss in Hindi
- Maths Notes Percentage in Hindi
- Maths Notes Compound Interest in Hindi
- Mathematics Short Tricks PDF in Hindi
- Average (Math) Handwritten Notes in Hindi
- Maths Handwritten Notes in Hindi PDF Free Download
- LCM & HCF Maths Hand Written Notes in Hindi PDF
- Maths Tricks for Profit and Loss PDF in Hindi
- Maths Tricks Notes Direction in Hindi
- मन की गणित Maths Short Trick in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Disha SSC Mathematics Guide in English
- Maths Book PDF in English
- Maths Notes by Ramandeep Singh in English PDF
- Tricky Maths (Arithmetic) Sunil Khurab in English
- 3500 Maths Simplification Question in English
- Mathematical Formula Handbook in English
- 101 Maths Short Tricks in English PDF Free Download
- Maths Short Tricks PDF in English Free Download
- 1300 MATH FORMULA in English
- 40 MATHS TRICK in English
- MENTAL MATH TRICK in English
Check out a few more articles
- Rakesh Yadav Sir Advanced Maths PDF Download
- 101 Maths Tricks And Shortcuts E-Book
- Rakesh Yadav 7300 Maths Questions E-Book
We share SSC Book PDF, SSC CGL Study Material, SSC Study Material, SSC Notes PDF etc. Arihant SSC CGL book free download is one of the most important PDF in SSC Competitive exam Preparation.
In this Post We share ssc book, ssc cgl syllabus, ssc maths notes in hindi pdf download, black book of general awareness pdf.
Best Books for English Language SSC CGL
English Comprehension: This section is prepared to test the candidates writing and comprehension abilities. SSC CGL English preparation will cover essays, grammar, passages, etc.
Prepare for English Paper – I and Paper – II by making use of the SSC CGL English. Refer to the following books for English during your preparation without fail and understand the concepts thoroughly.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
- Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
- Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
- From Plinth to Paramount– Neetu Singh
- A Mirror of common Errors- Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh
SSC Previous Year Practice Paper PDF Download
English Book for SSC PDF Download
- English For General Competition From Plinth to Paramount PDF
- A to Z Idioms PDF
- English Grammar PDF For Competitive Exam PDF
- 501 SYNONYMS ANTONYMS
- 1500 One Word Substitutions with Hindi Meaning
- SSC ALL PREVIOUS YEAR ASKED ANTONYMS PDF
- SSC ALL PREVIOUS YEAR ASKED IDIOM & PHRASE PDF
- Idioms & Phrases For SSC CGL Study Material PDF
- SYNONYMS – For SSC CGL Study Material PDF
- One Word Substitution in English
- Vocabulary Power PDF
- English Grammar Topic Tense
- English Grammar Topic Pronoun
- English Grammar Topic Voice
- English Grammar Topic Verb
- English Grammar Topic Question Tag
- English Grammar Topic Non-finite Verb
- English Grammar Topic Narration
- English Grammar Topic Conjunction
- English Grammar Topic Article
- English Grammar Topic Adverb
- English Grammar Topic Noun
- English Grammar Topic Degree
- English Grammar Topic Case
- English Grammar Topic Adjective
- English Tricks PDF 1
- English Tricks PDF 2
- English Tricks PDF 3
- English Tricks PDF 4
- English Tricks PDF 5
- 100 Most Common Idioms and Phrases For Competitive Exam
- Most Important English Vocabulary Exercises
- English Vocab Tricks For SSC Exams
- English Grammar Notes By RAMADEEP Singh
- 250 Synonyms Words List PDF Download
- 20 Common Errors in Spoken English
- English Word Meanings For SSC
- Idioms and Phrases PDF Free Download
- 500 Word List of Synonyms and Antonyms PDF
- English Grammar Tenses PDF (English)
Check out a few more articles
- NCERT Class 10 Science Book in Hindi and English
- English Important Idioms & Phrases
- English grammar exercises with answers
We share complete Details about ssc chsl arihant book pdf download, ssc chsl practice set book pdf in hindi, ssc cgl maths notes pdf in english, competitive exam books free download pdf in hindi.
Best Books for Reasoning SSC CGL
General Intelligence and Reasoning: – It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Important questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
Some of the best books to prepare Reasoning Subjects are given in the below sections. Go through them during your preparation and have a deeper insight into the topics.
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R.S. Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Gupta
Reasoning Book for SSC PDF Download
- Paramount Reasoning Book in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Reasoning Book PDF in Hindi!! Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning
- XEEED Coaching Reasoning Practice Book in Hindi PDF
- Reasoning Most Important Notes in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Rakesh Yadav Sir Reasoning Class Notes in Hindi
- Reasoning Handwritten Notes PDF in Hindi
- Reasoning Handwritten Notes PDF in Hindi
- SSC Reasoning Chapter wise PDF in English Download
- New Reasoning Test Verbal and Nonverbal in English PDF
- CSAT- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability PDF in English
- Logical Reasoning PDF in English By IAS100
- 20 Practice Set of Reasoning PDF in English
- Reasoning Ability Best Book PDF in English
- RS Aggarwal Reasoning Book PDF Free Download in English
- Test of Reasoning – Verbal Non-Verbal PDF in English
Check out a few more articles
- Important Counting Figures Questions- Free E-Book
- High Level Reasoning Puzzles E-Book
- Reasoning and GI Coding Decoding Questions
Best Books for General Awareness SSC CGL
General Awareness: This section is designed to test the general knowledge of candidates. It will include all important topics related to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research. For the preparation of current affairs, candidates can check the following links.
SSC Combined Graduate Level General Awareness Books makes it easy for you to prepare the concepts better.
- Competition Success Review
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English/ Hindi)
- India 2020 (English/ Hindi)
- NCERT Books of Class X, XII- History, Geography, Economics
The above SSC CGL books list and information have already given a lot of data about the Exam.
General Knowledge Book PDF For SSC
- 10000 General Knowledge One Liner Question and Answer in Hindi
- 5000 ONE LINER Most Important GK Question and Answer in Hindi PDF
- 9000 One Liner GK PDF in Hindi
- 1500+ Ancient and Medieval History Most Important Questions and Answer
- 1500+ Modern Indian History Most Important Questions and Answer
- 1500+ Indian Polity and Constitution Most Important Questions and Answer
- 1500+ Indian and World Geography Most Important Questions and Answer
- 1500+ Indian Economy Most Important Questions and Answer
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Polity PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Ancient and Medieval History PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Modern History PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer World Geography PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Indian Geography PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Environment PDF Free Download
- Ghatna Chakra GS Pointer Economics PDF Free Download
- SSC & RRB सामान्य ज्ञान PDF
- 1000 Most Important Lucent’s General Knowledge Question and Answer in Hindi
- 777 Most Important GK One Liner Question
- 400 Most Important One Liner GK Question and Answer
- Major Computer Terminology PDF in Hindi Free Download
- कंप्यूटर – महत्वपूर्ण पूर्ण फार्म PDF !! Computer Important Full Forms
- कंप्यूटर महत्वपूर्ण नोट्स
- Computer GK Question Practice in Hindi
- भूगोल से संबंधित महत्वपूर्ण परीक्षापयोगी शब्दावली
- विश्व का भूगोल से संबंधित 300 Most Important General Knowledge Questions
- भारतीय राजव्यवस्था से संबंधित शब्दावलियां एवं अवधारणाऐं
- भारतीय अर्थव्यवस्था से संबंधित शब्दावलियां एवं अवधारणाऐं
- भारतीय अर्थव्यवस्था के महत्वपूर्ण Question and Answer
- Environment Most Important Question and Answer
- 20000 GS One Liner Facts By DHANKAR in Hindi
- General Knowledge By Tutorials Point in English
- SSC GK PDF in Hindi
- 1000 GK Question in English PDF For SSC Exams
- SSC General Awareness Capsule in Hindi
- SSC TIER III Hindi and Essay in Hindi PDF Free Download
- One Liner General Knowledge Question in Hindi For SSC
- General Studies PDF Book in English for SSC Exam
- General Knowledge Objective Questions and Answers in English
- GK FACTS IN ENGLISH For SSC Exams
Check out a few more articles
- Basic Computer Knowledge E-Book
- 500 science general knowledge question answer in Hindi
- Father of Various Fields in English
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL
SSC CGL is the most sought after exams and almost lakhs of students take the exam every year. The exam follows a Set Pattern for both Tier – I and Tier – II and you can crack the exam easily if you are committed. Plan your preparation strategy accordingly and we have listed some tips and tricks to ace up the exam.
- Have a Well-planned Study Routine and allot proper time duration for each and every topic.
- Study the Subjects and Relevant Topics as per the Latest SSC CGL Syllabus and Test Pattern.
- Keep a Collection of Important SSC CGL Preparation Books & Study Material.
- Get online and offline help whenever required
- Practice Numerous Times and develop a separate preparation plan for both online & offline.
- Solving SSC CGL previous years’ exam papers and making a flow chart of the concepts
- Improve on solving strategies and include an exclusive SSC CGL Study Plan.
- Try to understand the concepts in detail and resolve queries for the concepts long before the exam itself.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Which is the best book for SSC CGL?
Ans. There are plenty of books out there and we can’t specifically say a particular book is best for preparing the SSC CGL Exam. You can refer to the above-furnished information to know the Best Books as per the Sections.
Q. Where Can I Download SSC CGL Books PDF?
Ans. You can download the SSC CGL Books PDF through the quick links available on our page. Use the handy books during your preparation and score well.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC CGL Exam?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking and 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Q. Should I follow Multiple Books while preparing for SSC CGL?
Ans. It is generally advised to stick to a particular book during your preparation so that you don’t get confused.
Q. Can we crack SSC CGL by only preparing from the previous year papers?
Ans. I think with changing trends you need to focus on other important study material too in order to clear the SSC CGL Exam.
Q. Is it possible to clear the SSC CGL exam in just 6 months?
Ans. Yes, a candidate can qualify the CGL exam with just 6 months of preparation. SSC CGL is an excellent opportunity for candidates and requires a systematic preparation strategy to get a good score. Candidates appearing for this exam must keep abreast with SSC CGL Exam Pattern and syllabus. They should refer to relevant SSC CGL Study materials related to the topics in the exam. For exam pattern, SSC CGL Syllabus and Important study materials check the SSC CGL preparation page.
Q. Which is the best SSC CGL English Book?
Ans. The SSC CGL Best Books for English are SSC English Language Chapter wise Solved Papers 8800+ Objective Questions – English – 1613 (Old Edition) by Kiran Prakashan and Chapter wise Solved Papers SSC Staff Selection Commission English Language by Arihant Publication.
Q. Which are the best SSC CGL Books for preparation?
Ans. For Quant, you can refer to Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal. For English, SP Bakshi and RS Aggarwal are highly recommended books. Manorama and Lucent are the Best Books for SSC CGL GK. For Reasoning, study from books by RS Aggarwal and MK Pandey.
Q. Which newspaper is best to read for SSC CGL preparation?
Ans. To prepare for SSC CGL Current Affairs section, candidates can refer to the following newspapers: The Hindu, The Times Of India and The Hindustan Times. All these are daily newspapers in the English language. For SSC CGL English Preparation, candidates can check important SSC CGL Books for English here.
Q. Is Lucent GK enough for SSC CGL GK Preparation?
Ans. Lucent GK is, of course, the best book. But, only this book is not enough for GK preparation. Taking up SSC GK Quiz regularly and attempting test series could help in cracking the exam easily.
Q. Is maths compulsory in SSC CGL exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a separate section of Quantitative Aptitude in Tier I and Tier II exam of SSC CGL. The important topics in the quantitative aptitude section and the best books for SSC CGL Maths preparation are given in the SSC CGL preparation page.
Q. Can I crack SSC CGL in one month’s preparation?
Ans. Yes, with a proper study plan and referring to the best SSC CGL Books, you can crack the CGL Exam.
Some Important Books for Competitive Exam:
For other Jobs Notification Please visit our Latest Jobs section: Click Here
Download Govt. Exams Study Contents: Click Here
Must Read Disclaimer: GrabNaukri.com is only for the Educational Purpose & Govt. Job links provider. We are not owner of any Book, Notes, Magazine, PDF Materials, eBooks Available on it, neither it been Created nor Scanned. We are only provide the link and Material already Available on the Internet. If any violates the Law or there is a Problem so Please Just CONTACT US.