The emergence of insects on Earth is believed to have originated from humans. At first all insects were the same, but due to living in different conditions, there was a slight difference in their physical structure and many species of them came into existence.
Around 9 lakhs varieties of insects have been discovered in the current time. The main ones are Ant, Bee, Beetle, Bug, Butterfly, Chentipede, Cricket, Crab, Earthworm, Firefly, Flea, Fly, Frog, Grasshopper, Leech, Louse and Mosquito etc. These insects are found everywhere on earth and there are different species of these everywhere.
Our ancestors also used to eat insects. In 2003, a skeleton was found in Hubei state of China. This skeleton was about five and a half million years ago. When scientists studied it, scientists said that its weight was only 20 to 30 grams and its height was only 7 centimeters. This four-legged creature used to walk like a frog. Its main dosage was insects. Let us know some interesting facts about these insects.
Facts about Insects
1. A bee uses about 20,00,000 (2 million) flowers to make 1 pound of honey.
2. Many discoveries have shown that mosquitoes are more vulnerable to people who have just eaten bananas.
3. Ants can squeeze 30 times more than their weight and can lift 50 times more weight.
4. The number of insects found in a square mile area of the countryside is more than all humans on the earth.
5. More than snakes, spiders and scorpions in America, people are killed by wasps.
6. Chameleons can rotate both of their eyes in different directions at the same time.
7. A chameleon’s tongue is twice the length of its body.
8. A frog cannot swallow anything without closing its eyes.
9. Frogs cannot drink water. He takes water only through his skin.
10. The blood of moths is white in color.
11. Butterflies have about 1,00,000 species.
12. The life span of a dragonfly (a type of big fly) is just 24 hours.
13. A bumber fly can move its wings 160 times in 1 second.
14. Pollen particles of 80 percent of the world’s food crops are dusted by insects.
15. Flea can increase its speed 50 times faster than spacecraft.
16. Out of 20,000 species of honey bees, only 4 species make honey.
17. Some butterflies use their front legs to clean their eyes instead of walking.
18. Every year insects eat up 33% of the earth’s food crop.
19. The lice that remain in our hair are the same color as our hair.
20. Mydas fly of South America is considered the world’s largest fly.
21. Dragonflies have about 30,000 lenses in one eye.
22. Mosquitoes stay away from citrus lemon because they irritate their feet.
23. A termite honeycomb queen lays eggs for 6 to 7 thousand eggs and lives for 15 to 50 years.
24. A grasshopper (ziggur) can only kick and suck blood.
25. ants never sleep
26. Bees have no ears. Its deficiency is bridged by its powerful antenna touch.
27. There are about 2000 species of scorpions which are found in all parts of the world except New Zealand and Antarctic.
28. So far, the oldest stone found in Cockroach is 28 million years old.
29. Domestic ants can live up to seven years and queen ants can live up to 15 years.
30. The distance travelled by honey-bees to make half a kilo of honey is the same as the circling of the earth twice.
31. If all the insects present on the earth are distributed equally among all humans, then each one will have more than 200 million insects.
32. Beetles are the largest members of insects with 3,50,000 species.
33. Tabanus is a species of flies that can fly up to 144 kilometers per hour.
34. The largest ants are found in Brazil. But still their length is only 6 millimeters.
35. Scientists have about 1,50,000 documents of species.
36. Many Drogonflies live near rivers so that they can easily hunt mosquitoes and small flies.
37. The honeybees’ larvae live inside the hive which is made of wax on six sides.
38. Beetle makes different sounds when the temperature is cold and hot. Some people listen to his voice and guess the temperature is cold and warm.
39. Only one queen fly lays eggs in honeycomb.
40. Each mosquito has 47 teeth – but it bites you with its sting.
41. The male bee does nothing else in its life except for coitus with the queen bee.
42. In 1990, about 70% of the population of Tejania (is a country) was affected by malaria which was spread by mosquitoes.
43. Tape worms are a type of insect whose length can range from 0.04 inch to 50 feet.
44. A colony of invading bees has about 80,000 bees. When they are teased, they face any objections, then they gather in large groups to come out to attack.
For other Jobs Notification Please visit our Latest Jobs section: Click Here
Download Govt. Exams Study Contents: Click Here
Must Read Disclaimer: GrabNaukri.com is only for the Educational Purpose & Govt. Job links provider. We are not owner of any Book, Notes, Magazine, PDF Materials, eBooks Available on it, neither it been Created nor Scanned. We are only provide the link and Material already Available on the Internet. If any violates the Law or there is a Problem so Please Just CONTACT US.